Note: This program is superseded by, yet equivalent to BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management. This statement means the qualification is still recognised however has been upgraded and we are in a teach-out period. Teach out periods are granted to allow learners to complete the qualification even if enrolled during a teach-out period.)
Contact us here to express interest in the new program.
BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (superseded)
Need to develop leadership and management skills?
Designed for emerging leaders, in the BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management you’ll learn how to provide leadership and guidance to others in the workplace and to manage effective, motivated, high performing teams in all types of organisations and industries.
About the course content
Whether you’re a nurse, in construction, or running your own business, the skills of leadership are the same, even though how you apply the skills vary. This highly practical program blends the latest techniques for managing yourself and others in the ever-changing workplace with proven approaches and strategies that help get the best from your people.
You’ll learn how to communicate effectively as a leader and build relationships, set priorities, implement operational plans and continuous improvement. The techniques you learn in the program can then be applied to your particular situation and workplace to improve engagement, increase productivity and the delivery of exceptional results. The face to face sessions will incorporate case studies, facilitated discussions and activities where you will draw from your individual own experience.
This program is customised to your needs and timeline with time between the sessions to support those wanting to trial their new skills within the workplace supported by an expert management facilitator.
Who would benefit from this course?
- People who have been promoted to a team leader, supervisory or management position
- People with technical or vocational experience who would like to start or progress their career in leading others
- People who already work in roles such as Frontline Managers, Leading Hands, Supervisors, Team Leaders or Managers who would like to gain a formal management qualification.
In this course you will:
- Practical supervisory and leadership capability that can be applied everyday
- Confidence in leading others, enhanced communication and feedback skills
- Skills in planning, problem solving, managing challenging situations, leading change, influencing, achieving and sustaining operational outcomes and culture shifts
- Skills in delegation, planning and managing workflow to support quality and efficiency
- Skills to build strong relationships with internal and/or external customers and deliver excellence in service, support and advice
- The ability to deliver a healthier workplace culture, reduced absenteeism and increased productivity
- BSBLDR402 Lead effective workplace relationships (Core)
- BSBLDR401 Communicate effectively as a workplace leader (Core)
- BSBLDR404 Lead a diverse workforce (Elective)
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals (Elective)
- BSBLDR403 Lead team effectiveness (Core)
- BSBWOR404 Develop work priorities (Elective)
- BSBMGT402 Implement operational plan (Core)
- BSBPMG522 Undertake project work (Elective)
- BSBADM409 Coordinate business resources (Elective)
- BSBREL402 Build client relationships and business networks (Elective)
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs (Elective)
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement (Elective)
Locations, dates and pricing
This course is customised to your organisational needs and can be delivered anywhere in Australia.
Contact us on 1300 453 555 or email email@example.com.